Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Reading History

As achild my Mom read Bible stories to me. They were interesting and exciting. My Dad on the other hand felt it important, that in order to have a better understanding of what you read; you need a deeper conept of words. He would have my siblings and I look up 10 words a day, write them in sentences in addition to our homework. As a child it helped me acheive A's, but I started to dislike reading and homework. I would not do the work to learn it, I would do it just for the A. As I matured I saw that what my Dad tried to instill in me was truly important, and so I started to read more on my free time. At this point in my life I do enjoy reading non-fiction books.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have wise parents. Your history is inspiring. You do express yourself well in writing and your like (or possibly love) of reading will serve you well. This class will deepen your ability to think critically and expand your vocabulary. You are on your way!

    ReplyDelete